THE MOST EFFECTIVE WAY TO CLEAN YOGA MATSOctober 25, 2022
CHOOSING THE BEST OFFICE CHAIR MATERIALMarch 8, 2023
📅 Update the article “How to clean upholstered couches effectively” last time on November 25, 2022 at TKT Carpet Cleaning Company
Upholstered sofas and couches are extremely popular because of their comfort and durability. But even the best treated fabrics need to be cleaned regularly to keep them in good shape.
Most benches should be deeply cleaned once or twice a year. But fabric furniture should need additional vacuuming once a week. And treat spill stains as soon as they occur. You can resort to the help of professional cleaning services to clean the sofa periodically for you. We’ll walk you through tips to keep your couch and sofa daily, weekly, or when something goes wrong.
1. Conduct a pre-cleaning inspection
The first thing you need to check the mac stamp attached to the chair reads the manufacturer’s instructions. Many types of benches and sofas will have instructions for use in the accompanying documents when buying chairs. But most often you’ll find instructions for your chair mounted underneath the cushions.
Many seats have upholstery that has been pre-treated. Therefore, you need to clean the chair in a small, hard-to-foresee area. This will assess the impact of hygiene chemicals. Help ensure you don’t damage the upholstery. Also, check to make sure that the color won’t smudge. By rubbing a small area with a white cloth with the detergent of your choice. If the fabric is stained, do not use that cleaning solution on the entire chair.
2. Clean upholstered couches with loose padding
For the cleaning of the fabric upholstery with removable cushions, we will conveniently clean each part of the chair separately
First, we always have to check the chair cleaning instructions on the mac tag of the chair. However, there are now several types of seat cushion covers made of fabric that can be washed using a washing machine. This will help you reduce the time it takes to clean your chair. Remove the covers and put them in the washing machine to clean them.
To clean the foam pad, put a small amount of mild hand sanitizer in a warm water bath. Dip the cushions and press them so that water and soap mix into the foam. Scrub off the stain, then rinse with water to remove soap residue. Let them dry in the air, occasionally flipping to prevent water from being trapped inside or underneath the mattress.
If you can’t wash your mattresses, take them outside and bang. This will remove any dirt. You can dry in the sun so that the heat from the sun can kill bacteria, mold and pathogens.
3. Clean upholstered couches without removable cushions
For fabric upholstery that cannot be removed, you must clean the entire seat. Routine cleaning of your couch is essential. Because of this, deep cleaning is possible for the chair. The following are the basic steps of cleaning a seamless upholstered couch without removable cushions:
- Step 1: Wipe off the sticky stains on the surface of the chair
- Step 2: Use a vacuum to clean more thoroughly with dirt, dead cells,. . . Then remove the seat cushions and clean them separately (if any)
- Step 4: Use cleaning ingredients such as baking soda, vinegar, soap . . . Or specialized cleaning chemicals for fabric chairs to clean chairs.
- Step 5: Suck out the stain with a vacuum cleaner to completely remove the stains. Suck slowly, slowly to make sure the seat is deeply clean.
- Step 6: Use a little detergent to clean deep stains
- Step 7: Blow the chair dry or let it dry before continuing to use it
Currently on the market there are many types of specialized cleaning chemicals for fabric chairs on the market. But if you have doubts about the destruction of the seat surface of these substances. Just check the label and do a test cleaning in the hidden position before applying it to the entire chair.
3.1 Use of white vinegar
White vinegar is an ingredient present in almost every home. And can handle stubborn but safe stains for almost any fabric. Especially for upholstered couches it can clean all kinds of stains naturally without eliminating the consequences later. We just have to dilute the solution of white vinegar with water and spray it on top of the stain. It is recommended to spray and clean only gently. Do not soak or rub too hard as it may cause the stain to spread. If diluted white vinegar can’t be cleaned, you can combine it with an acid of dish soap.
3.2 Use of baking soda
2 ways to clean a sofa with baking soda is to pour it directly on the surface. Or we can dilute them into solutions to increase efficiency.
Pour baking soda directly onto the surface of the leather sofa and spray it with slightly dewy water. Let the baking soda dissolve and leave them on the surface for about 30-45 minutes.
Then, sprinkle baking soda powder over the entire surface of the fabric sofa cushion. And leave it on for the whole day or a few hours. Finally, use a vacuum cleaner to collect all the baking soda powder.
3.3 Use specialized fabric chair cleaning chemicals
Specialized fabric chair cleaning chemicals are the most perfect choice for cleaning chairs. You can buy specialized upholstery cleaners or use mild soap. Also, mix the solution below and spray and spray on the stain. Do not let the stain get too wet. Once the stain has peeled off, soak in clean water to remove the detergent and use a paper towel to dry the excess moisture.
3.4 Use of hot steam cleaning method
The best choice for cleaning couches is to use a hot steam cleaner. These types of machines clean only with heat and water. Therefore they are suitable for many fabrics and also special fabrics that require high cleaning methods. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for use that are attached to the machine. And pay attention to stay out of hot steam range to avoid burns. When using the machine, it is necessary to make quick and decisive movements. This way water won’t seep into your chair and let water stains get rid of water stains.
Next, clean the frame part of the sofa. Pay attention to the corners to ensure each area is thoroughly cleaned and nothing is missed. Leave the sofa, couch dry in the air before returning the cushions. Placing a fan nearby can speed up this process.
Currently, the use of hot steam in cleaning is not too strange. TKT Carpet offers hot steam seat cleaning services. If you want to refer to more about this method, please see more in our article below
For more: Hot steam seat cleaning service here
4. Treat stubborn stains on the chair
Stains on the couch may appear constantly during the use of the chair. Food, drinks, dirt, and more can all leave stains and yellow stains. The cleaning methods listed above can remove most stains caused by food and drink. But some special types of stains need a few extra tips to clean them.
4.1 How to remove water stains
If the fabric on your chair has poor water resistance or is not water resistant. Then it will appear dark patchy water stains on the chair if water is spilled on the surface of the chair. Especially colored liquids such as soft drinks, juices or, more seriously, coffee, wine.
And to remove water stains, it is recommended to use white vinegar diluted in a spray bottle and lightly spray on water stains. Thoroughly soak this water-stained area with a cloth to prevent it from getting too wet and peeling off the original stains. Use a fan or dryer to quickly dry the water-stained area and prevent new splashes from forming.
4.2 How to remove gum stains
The best way to clean gum residues from carpets or couches is to freeze them. Use ice cubes or CO freezing spray (specialized for making cold cream), spray on candy residues. Then hit the gum lightly with the tip of a sharp knife and cut the gum into shreds. then use a vacuum cleaner or broom to wipe them out.
Note: If we spray too much cold air, it can harden the fabric fibers, making them brittle. And when we bang hard, these fabrics can also crumble, adversely affecting the surface of the chair.
4.3 How to remove grease stains
Greasy stains are always the biggest headache when it comes to cleaning cloth upholstery couches. And to solve that grease in the cleanest way, it is necessary to use dishwashing liquid. This can remove grease from the chair quickly and effectively.
First you should use a dry paper towel to dry the grease stains still on the chair. Then you just need to use a little dishwashing liquid mixed with clean water. Then use a soft bristle brush or sponge to soak up the stain. Finally, just wipe it off with water to clean all the dishwashing liquid left on the chair.
5. Some notes when cleaning upholstered couches
When you clean the upholstered couch, it is necessary to refer to some notes for long-term preservation and cleanliness:
- To improve the life of the chair for a long time, you should wash it periodically. Clean the chair every 3-6 months depending on the frequency of use of the family and work.
- Regularly clean the dust on the chair and treat new stains that appear as soon as possible. Some ingredients you can use such as baking soda, vinegar, dishwashing liquid,…
- Use wet paper towels or dry towels to soak up water stains. Avoid damp upholstery and rubbing vigorously to keep the seat more durable.
- Where the stain has persisted over time or is too severe. You should look to professional chair cleaning services
6. Optimal choice when cleaning upholstered couches
There are many types of stubborn stains that are difficult to clean according to conventional methods. And you have no experience and know the most effective ways to clean upholstered couches. Therefore, TKT Carpet provides a professional chair cleaning service that was born to solve your difficult problems.
TKT Carpet has more than 10 years of experience in the field of hygiene and cleaning. And there is a clear process of cleaning steps to clean your chair. For long-term stains, modern machines and specialized detergents are needed to clean without affecting your chair. Self-cleaning of the chair can cause even more damage. If you do not know how to clean and experience. It is recommended to choose a professional sofa cleaning service provider as the most optimal choice.
In addition, with the types of chairs recommended by the manufacturer with the symbol X. Thus, you also have to rely on professional chair washing services to treat stains that cannot be done at home by yourself.
7. Video of TKT Carpet’s chair cleaning service
8. You may be interested in:
- Effective quick burlap sofa cleaning: https://tktcarpet.com/ve-sinh-ghe-sofa-vai-bo-nhanh-chong-hieu-qua/
- How to effectively remove mold on the sofa: https://tktcarpet.com/cach-tay-nam-moc-tren-ghe-sofa/
- Why use a hot steam chair washing machine: https://tktcarpet.com/tai-sao-nen-su-dung-may-giat-ghe-hoi-nuoc-nong/
- Quality sofa washing address: https://tktcarpet.com/5-dia-chi-giat-ghe-sofa-uy-tin-chat-luong-ban-nen-biet/
- Felt sofa washing solution you should know: https://tktcarpet.com/7-dung-dich-giat-ghe-sofa-ni-pho-bien-nhat-ma-ban-nen-biet/
- How to effectively clean a velvet sofa: https://tktcarpet.com/cach-lam-sach-ghe-sofa-nhung-nhanh-gon-de-thuc-hien-tai-nha/
- How to clean a felt sofa simply: https://tktcarpet.com/huong-dan-ban-5-cach-ve-sinh-sofa-ni-don-gian-co-the-lam-tai-nha/
- How to clean a fabric sofa at home: https://tktcarpet.com/cach-lam-sach-ghe-sofa-vai-tai-nha/
- Instructions for cleaning sofa upholstery: https://tktcarpet.com/huong-dan-ve-sinh-boc-ghe-sofa-hieu-qua/
Công ty dịch vụ giặt thảm TKT Carpet®
Trụ sở: 83 Nguyễn Du, Phường Bến Nghé, Quận 1, Thành Phố Hồ Chí Minhhttps://tktcarpet.com/
Nguồn: Công ty giặt thảm TKT Carpet